Visiting Teacher Service
Support is provided to schools which have students Kindergarten to Year 12/13, with a hearing loss and/or vision impairment by:
- providing one-to-one teaching for students at their enrolled school; to support the communication, academic, compensatory and access, social/emotional and orientation and mobility needs of students;
- building the understanding of classroom teachers in the development and implementation of teaching and learning adjustments through professional learning and consultative support;
- collaborating with schools and external organisations to implement appropriate individual education plans;
- developing the skills of students, classroom teachers and education assistants in the use of assistive technology;
- developing the skills of students to use Auslan and/or Braille to communicate and access the curriculum, including assessments; and
- assessing the needs of each child and recommending/providing appropriate resources such as text books in large print, braille, tactile graphics, captioned footage, notetakers and educational interpreters.